These chocolate cranberry cookies are vegan, flour free, no added sugar and are simple to make but delicious. They are so quick to make that I often manage to bake a batch on a busy morning. Oats are one of the main ingredients but you can easily use gluten free oats to make these cookies gluten free. Just as healthy as porridge with fruit, but much tastier and easier to eat when your on the go.
I usually make these with ground up oats, but you need to make sure they are soft oats that break up easily and not the firm jumbo oats. If your unsure just use pure instant oats. If you grind your own make sure to grind them to a fine powder, this should only take a few seconds. A similar recipe to this didn’t turn out so well for some people and this is probably due to using firm oats as I found out for myself when one batch wasn’t so good.
I use dried cranberries that are sweetened with pineapple juice. If you can’t find dried cranberries then chopped up dates or any dried vine fruit also works well.
4 Ingredient Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe
- Total time: 20m
- Yield: 12 cookies
- Calories: 35 cal
- 3 bananas
- 1½ cups / 150g instant oats
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
How To Make
- Peel the bananas and then mash them using the back of a fork (much easier to clean than a normal masher).
- Mix everything together until combined.
- Spoon onto a non stick sheet and spread out to make a biscuit shape. The mixture makes 12 normal sized or 6 large.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until crunchy at 350°F / 180 °C.
- If you want a chewier cookie take out of the oven as they start to get darker.
- As they have fresh banana they will go off quickly so it’s best to eat straight away. They can be stored for a few days in the fridge but will loose their crunch.
4 Ingredient Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Video RecipeIf you like this recipe check out our original banana oat cookies. For any comments/questions/help with this recipe post on the message boards.