Super easy recipe for a Raw Strawberry Cheesecake that no one will notice is dairy, gluten and refined sugar free. Try this healthy simple cheesecake recipe today. The topping is strawberries sweetened with dates and thickened with the super healthy chia seeds. Cashews, lemon, vanilla and a small amount of maple syrup (any other sweetener works just as well like xylitol / date sugar) make a zesty creamy and dreamy centre. Bottomed off with dates, almonds and coconut all smooshed together. Other nuts such as walnuts and pecans work just as well. The dates can be replaced with most other dried fruit such as raisins or figs.
You can either make one big cheesecake or 6-8 separate cheesecake pots. I prefer individual dishes as they look great in a mish-mash of jam jars and it avoids the potential of messing up when serving.
A great recipe to make in advance as they can be made the night before and stored in the fridge. They are just as good the next day, although you may want to hold off pouring the strawberry coulis until just before serving as the red can run. High in fat and sugar but they are all raw unprocessed healthy fats and sugars. This cheesecake is bursting with nutrition and has no empty calories.
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Total time: 50m
- Yield: 8 portions
- Calories: 390 cal
For the base
- 1 cup / 100g Dates
- 1 cup / 150g Almonds
- 3 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
For the cream cheese filling
- 1 cup / 150g Cashews
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup / 240ml Water
For strawberry chia coulis topping
- 1 cup / 200g Strawberries
- ½ cup / 50g Dates
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
How To Make
- Blend together all of the base ingredients until they are combined and stick together.
- Spread out the base into your individual jars or one big pan.
- Melt the coconut oil and then blend with all the other filling ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the bases and tilt to spread to the edges.
- Blend together the strawberry topping ingredients until the strawberries are all broken up.
- Pour the topping over the cheesecakes.
- Garnish with berries or mint leaves and place in the fridge for 30 mins to set.
- Store in the fridge and eat within a couple of days.
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake Video Recipe