These summer rolls are fun to make and look very tempting. They are filled with a rainbow of fresh raw fruit and vegetables. You can use any fruit or veg that you have – the only ingredient I always add is avocado.
Some people avoid peanuts and the sauce can be made with any other nut or seed butter. I’ve made it with cashew butter, almond butter and raw sesame seed and all have turned out great. I think it’s best with almond butter. Using peanut butter in the photos and video just as it’s the most common.
Summer Rolls & Zesty Sauce Recipe
- Total time: 30m
- Yield: 6 portions
- Calories: 185 cal
For the rolls
(just an example – use any fruit or vegetables)
- Vietnamese rice paper
- red pepper
- red cabbage
- coriander / cilantro
- spring onion
For the zesty sauce, enough for 6 rolls
- peanut butter, 2 tbsp – or any other nut / seed butter
- soy sauce / tamari, 1 tsp
- lemon, 1 juiced
- garlic, 1 clove finely chopped
- cayenne pepper, 1 tsp
- water, 2 tbsp
How to make
- Chop all fruit and vegetables into thin strips, apart from small fruit like berries.
- Dip a sheet of rice paper in warm water for a few seconds.
- Remove from the water when it begins to soften but still has some shape.
- Place flat on a board and then add thin slices of fruit and vegetables on 1/3 of the paper at an edge.
- Roll the rice paper up by folding over the filling, tucking in the sides then rolling to the edge. See the video for a demo.
- Mix all of the satay ingredients together until they are combined. You may want to add more / less cayenne pepper depending on how spicy you like it.
- Slice all of the rolls in the middle and enjoy by dipping in the sauce.
- It will last a few days in the fridge.
Summer Rolls Video Recipe