Think of summer rolls but with autumnal produce and a spicy dip. A rainbow of winter fruit and vegetables with a fresh zesty sauce with plenty of fire from chilli, ginger and garlic.
These are easy to make and are a great starter or party food. You can use any vegetables that you have about, just try to get a rainbow of colours. The crunchy raw veggies and fruit are loaded with vitamins and minerals but this dish is very low calorie so only suitable for a snack or starter. In the winter I like to have something like this in place of a salad as when its cold eating raw veggie can be unappealing, but this dish is very tempting in cold weather.
Winter Rolls with Raw Sweet Chilli Dip Recipe
- Total time: 20m
- Yield: 12 half rolls
- Calories: 32 cal
- Rice paper
Examples for fillings
- Kale, stem removed
- Red cabbage, finely sliced
- Carrot, thin strips
- Bean sprouts
- Radish, thin slices
- Mint leaves
- Pomegranate seeds
Raw Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 4-6 pitted dates
- 1 clove Garlic
- half a chilli pepper, remove the seeds to make it mild
- half an inch of ginger, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
How to make
- Prepare all the fillings so that they are in small slices / strips that are suitable for the rolls.
- Dip a sheet of rice paper in warm water for a few seconds.
- Place the rice paper down on a flat surface and then fill with your fruit and veggies. Don’t put too much in else it will spill out when rolling.
- Then roll up like a burrito – roll over the filling, wrap in the sides and continue to roll to the end. See the video recipe for a demo.
- Slice the roll in half and place on serving dish.
- Put all of the sweet chilli sauce ingredients into a blender and then blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge where it will last for a day or so.
Winter Rolls with Raw Sweet Chilli Dip Video Recipe
post on the message boards.