This is a staple salad in my life; full of good fats, plant protein and most importantly flavour. After an intense yoga session the other day I whipped this up and took the photo for Nest and Glow. It was very filling and yet still light enough to eat in the late evening and not disturb my sleep.
With greens like rocket I never cook them, but I do scrunch them up with olive oil and apple cider vinegar to give that wilted texture without destroying any of the goodness by cooking.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 Bag of rocket (about 70g)
- Handful of tomatoes
- Handful of Brazil nuts
- Olives (Kalamata are best, but pricey)
- Thin slice of red onion, finely chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil (or any other cold pressed oil you like on salads)
- Drizzle apple cider vinegar
- Smoked paprika to taste
- Soak Brazil nuts in water, for an hour or overnight if possible to release the enzyme inhibitors and activate them. Then drain and chop up.
- Open the bag of rocket, pour in about a table spoon of olive oil and vinegar. Scrunch the bag from the outside and rub to wilt the rocket.
- Pour rocket out on a plate, add the chopped tomatoes, avocado, Brazil nuts, olives and red onion.
- Sprinkle on paprika to taste, I like about one tea spoon.
For any comments/questions/help with this recipe post on the message boards.