This is a great meal that has everything and can be prepped in a min. Full of protein from the chia and hemp seeds as well as good fats and fruit.
I find hemp a bit too earthy on its own, but with the bitterness of cacao nibs (chocolate) and the sweetness of the banana it all balances it all out to make a delicious base for the chia to absorb.
Chia is very nutritious, for more information see Chia Seeds – Benefits and how to use.
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 banana
- 4 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 table spoons chia seeds
- fruit / nuts to sprinkle on top (optional but delicious)
- Blend the banana, hemp and cacao with 300ml of water
- Stir in the chia seeds, mix well and leave for at least 20 mins.
- Serve with fruit / nuts on top. For the video I used sultanas and flaked almonds. Most fruit or nuts works well. I also like diced kiwi fruit on top.