This is a great meal that has everything and can be prepped in a min. Full of protein from the chia and hemp seeds as well as good fats and fruit.
I find hemp a bit too earthy on its own, but with the bitterness of cacao nibs (chocolate) and the sweetness of the banana it all balances it all out to make a delicious base for the chia to absorb.
Chia is very nutritious, for more information see Chia Seeds – Benefits and how to use.
- 1 banana
- 4 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 table spoons chia seeds
- fruit / nuts to sprinkle on top (optional but delicious)
- Blend the banana, hemp and cacao with 300ml of water
- Stir in the chia seeds, mix well and leave for at least 20 mins.
- Serve with fruit / nuts on top. For the video I used sultanas and flaked almonds. Most fruit or nuts works well. I also like diced kiwi fruit on top.
Amount Per ServingCalories 357 Total Fat 21g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 44mg Carbohydrates 36g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 10g Sugar 16g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 12g