This frozen green sorbet smoothie is my go to snack / drink immediately after exercise.
My body craves all the sweet fruit and the earthy greens.
This green smoothie a blend of sweet, sour and metallic greens. It tastes lovely without being either too green or too sweet.
Fresh fruit and frozen spinach to give it an iced constancy.
I much prefer having something semi frozen as you can chew and take your time to eat it.
It’s much better to chew food to help with the absorption, digestion and to not over eat.
- lime, pealed
- 2 kiwi fruit, pealed
- 1 banana, pealed
- a handful of seedless grapes, stalks removed (any grape will work but green / white grapes keep this a vibrant green)
- 100g frozen spinach
- + any other greens you have about (optional)
- Place all fruit in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add frozen spinach (and additional greens if you're doing this optional step) and blend until the ice lumps of spinach have been broken up.
- I recommend eating your green smoothie immediately
- however if you make too much or into batch food prep you could place some in the freezer immediately after blending and it will last a few weeks. You will need to take it out of the freezer half an hour before consuming.
Amount Per ServingCalories 345Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 133mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 21gSugar 38gProtein 13g