This avocado sweet potato salad is oil free, low GI and vegan. Normal potatoes have been swapped for their nutritionally superior sweet counterparts and unhealthy mayo has been swapped for an avocado and Brazil nut mayo with no added oil.
Full of raw unprocessed heart healthy fats from Brazil nuts and avocados. Can be made nut-free by using sunflower seeds instead.
Avocado Sweet Potato Salad Video Recipe
The mayonnaise from this recipe is our Avozil Mayo. This is a perfect summer dip and couldn’t be easier to make.
All this gives a decadent, healthy and delicious side salad. Perfect for summer BBQs and picnics as can be made before hand and tastes just as good. Like normal potato salad it tastes best chilled.
I top it with cherry tomatoes, chives and smoked paprika but you can swap these out with any other fruit, veg, herbs or spices that you like. Sweet peppers, Cayenne pepper and spring onions also go great on top of this.
- Avocado, 2 medium size
- Sweet potatoes, 1kg / 8 cups pealed and diced. About 2 large, 3 medium or 6 small.
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Brazil nuts, 1 large handful
- Cherry tomatoes, 2 handfuls
- Apple cider vinegar, a large glug to blend
- Soak Brazil nuts in water for an hour or overnight.
- Peal and dice the sweet potatoes.
- Steam sweet potatoes until cooked, about 20-25 mins.
- Skin the avocados and garlic.
- Place all in the blender with enough cider vinegar for the blender to do its job.
- If it isn’t blending add more apple cider vinegar / water depending on how vinegary you like it.
- Mix together the cooked sweet potatoes and the mayo. Sprinkle on the tomatoes, chives and paprika.
- Store avocado sweet potato salad in the fridge and it will last for about 3 days.
Links maybe affiliated, meaning I earn a commission from purchases but at no extra cost to yourself.
Amount Per ServingCalories 359 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 104mg Carbohydrates 62g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 14g Sugar 18g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g
Some of the tomatoes I used for this avocado sweet potato salad were black / blue tomatoes just because they were available at the time and I try to eat a wide variety of fruit and veg.