This giant chocolate chip cookie is simple to make, contains no flour, takes a few mins to make and most importantly tastes delicious. It has such a great texture and taste that most people wouldn’t guess how easy it is to make. It’s healthy, vegan, plant based and can be made in a rush.
It may contain over a thousand calories, but it is a giant cookie! One person would struggle to eat it all as it’s very filling with all the oats and fruit. Easily one-quarter of this feels like you’ve had a lot. It’s just the right size to feed a family or a group of four.
I like to use a very dark 85% chocolate to make this, the bitterness of the dark chocolate works really well with the sweet bananas. You can use whatever chocolate you like, but a dark chocolate is usually dairy free so is safe for vegans to eat, but do check each brand. Just chop up a block of chocolate to make chocolate chips from your favourite bar. Remember to use gluten free oats if you are making this for someone that avoids gluten.
- 3 bananas
- 1½ cups / 150g rolled oats
- ½ cup / 90g chocolate
- Grind the oats for a few seconds to make an oat powder.
- Peel the bananas and then mash them.
- Mix everything together until combined.
- Spoon onto a non stick sheet and spread out to make a giant cookie shape.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden at 350°F / 180 °C.
- If you want a chewier cookie take out of the oven as it starts to get some colour, for a crunchier cookie leave until it’s golden brown.
- Sprinkle on a few more chocolate chips (optional).
- As it has fresh banana it will go off quickly so it’s best to eat straight away. Can be stored for a few days in the fridge but will lose the crunch.
Amount Per Serving Calories 683Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 10mgSodium 42mgCarbohydrates 118gFiber 14gSugar 46gProtein 15g