Looking for a healthy pizza that is naturally gluten free without any additives? This is a gluten free pizza dough recipe without xanthan gum.
Try this easy gluten free Quinoa Crust pizza recipe today! As well as being gluten free, it’s low in fat but high in protein, fibre and nutrition.
Most importantly it tastes delicious and will satisfy any cravings for bread or carbohydrates. This quinoa crust pizza is suitable for gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free diets. A gluten free pizza dough recipe no yeast recipe.
This pizza recipe is my favourite way to eat quinoa as the inside is soft and fluffy like well-cooked quinoa but the outside is lovely and crisp.
Gluten Free Quinoa Crust Pizza Recipe Video Recipe
The crusts are easy to make but you do have to soak the quinoa in advance so I usually bake a batch and freeze most before putting on any toppings and cook from frozen.
If you are running short of time you can quick soak the quinoa by placing in a pan with water, bringing to a boil and then turning off the heat and waiting an hour.
It may not go gooey and runny like dairy cheese but it melts and gets a delicious toasted flavour. Use a high fat vegan cheese to get a runny melty cheese pizza, but these are often full of unhealthy fats.
QUINOA CRUST INGREDIENTS
- ¾ cup / 135 g quinoa
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup / 60 ml water
PIZZA TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- Use any that you like, this is just a guide
- 4 tbsp sieved tomatoes / tomato paste
- grated sunflower seed cheese
- red onion
- basil leaves
- black olives
- Soak the quinoa for 10 mins in warm water.
- Rinse and drain the quinoa then put in a blender jug with all the other quinoa pizza crust ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Line a 8″ pan with greaseproof paper or just use a silicon pan and pour in the quinoa pizza batter.
- Bake quinoa pizza base for 25 mins and 375 F / 190 C, let stand for 5 mins and then take out of the pan.
- Spread over the tomato mixture, top with grated cheese and the other toppings.
- Bake for 10 mins at 375 F / 190 C, then slice and enjoy your quinoa crust pizza within 3 days although it's best while still warm!
Links maybe affiliated, meaning I earn a commission from purchases but at no extra cost to yourself.
Amount Per ServingCalories 232 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 880mg Carbohydrates 44g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 7g Sugar 9g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 8g
If you like this recipe check out our Sprouted sunflower cheese recipe.
Quinoa is naturally gluten free so it’s generally suitable for people with celiac disease. However it has compounds that are similar to gluten so a small number of people with gluten intolerances have issues with quinoa also,