A rich, decadent and refreshing fudge boosted with a layer of the seaweed spirulina. The only sweetener used is xylitol. This gives a cooling taste that works well with the mint and doesn’t leave your teeth feeling sticky after eating. A few cacao nibs gives a crunchy texture.
It will last for several weeks in the fridge, but mine is always eaten after a few days.
- 200g block of creamed coconut
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- 4 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- Chop up the creamed coconut and melt over a low heat.
- Grind the xylitol into a fine powder.
- Mix together the melted creamed coconut, xylitol and peppermint extract.
- Separate 1/3 of the mixture and mix in the spirulina.
- Line a tray, sprinkle on the cacao nibs and then spread the spirulina mixture on top.
- Mix the cacao powder with the remaining mixture.
- Spread this on top of the spirulina mixture and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop into bite size chunks and serve. Will last for several weeks in the fridge.