A rich, decadent and refreshing fudge boosted with a layer of the seaweed spirulina. The only sweetener used is xylitol.
This gives a cooling taste that works well with the mint and doesn’t leave your teeth feeling sticky after eating.
A few cacao nibs gives a crunchy texture.
It will last for several weeks in the fridge, but mine is always eaten after a few days.
- 200g block of creamed coconut or coconut butter
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- 4 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- Chop up the creamed coconut and melt over a low heat.
- Grind the xylitol into a fine powder.
- Mix together the melted creamed coconut, xylitol and peppermint extract.
- Separate 1/3 of the mixture and mix in the spirulina.
- Line a tray, sprinkle on the cacao nibs and then spread the spirulina mixture on top.
- Mix the cacao powder with the remaining mixture.
- Spread this on top of the spirulina mixture and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop into bite size chunks and serve. Will last for several weeks in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving Calories 47Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 17mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 1g