Zesty lemon cheesecake with two types of nuts (cashew and pecan) and two types of seeds (buckwheat and coconut).
Unlike many other raw vegan cheesecakes that are made purely with cashew nuts the recipe here has buckwheat added.
This makes the vegan cheesecake less heavy, dense and much more enjoyable.
Cashews are very easy to overeat and the buckwheat acts as a very nutritious padding.
It’s sweetened with dates and xylitol but you can substitute the xylitol for a sweetener of your choice such as maple syrup or date syrup.
- 100g / 1 cup pecans (sub for walnuts or similar)
- 100g / ⅔ cup dates
- 50g / ½ cup dessicated coconut
- 100g / ⅔ cup cashew nuts
- 6 tbsp sweetener like date syrup or xylitol if keto
- 50g / ½ cup buckwheat (soaked for 10 minutes or more)
- vanilla (either half a pod scraped or a teaspoon of extract)
- 3 lemons – juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Using a food processor blend the pecans, dates and coconut together.
- Spread out this cheesecake base mixture on a tray to make the base.
- Blend together the cashew nuts, vanilla, lemon juice and coconut oil. Add enough water to make a smooth consistency.
- Add the buckwheat to the lemon cashew mixture and blend until all broken up. You may need to add more water.
- Spread out this lemon chesecake on top of the base and sprinkle with the lemon rind.
- Refrigerate for half an hour or so and the raw vegan lemon cheesecake it is ready to eat. Will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Amount Per ServingCalories 180 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 72mg Carbohydrates 18g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 11g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g