This is a quick ginger beer recipe that’s non-alcoholic. Simply blend everything together and then pour soda water over. It uses fresh ginger for a kick and cinnamon for added sweetness and spice. A refreshing and healthy summer drink with no added sugar. You may wish to adjust the cinnamon and ginger to your tastes. I like it spicy but if you’re more a mild person just halve the ginger and cinnamon. Either lemons or limes work great in this, use what you prefer.
The mix for this ginger beer will last for a week in the fridge then you can just mix with ice and soda water when you want a glass. Don’t do what I do in the video and remember to tilt the glass as you pour the soda water. Else you will get a foamy head!
Instant Sweet Ginger Beer Recipe
Ingredients, to make about 1.5 litres
- Ginger, 2″ root
- Lemon / Lime, 2 juiced
- Dates, 1 handful (pitted)
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp
- Soda water, 1 litre
How to make
- Finely dice the ginger.
- Juice the lemons / limes.
- Add all to a blender and whizz until combined. Ensure there are no stones in the dates.
- You can either sieve the mixture or not depending on if you like bits. I don’t sieve it but some prefer it smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture over ice and add the soda water. 1 part mix to 4 parts water.
- Enjoy immediately or store the mixture in the fridge before adding the soda water.
- The concentrate should last a week or so in the fridge.
Instant Sweet Ginger Beer Video Recipe
Check our our video recipe of making instant ginger sparking beer.