These Smokey Roast Chilli Chickpeas are the perfect healthy alternative to crisps with a crispy texture and full of flavour. They are seasoned with smoked paprika to give the smokey taste and cayenne pepper for a chilli kick. No oil is needed for these, they are dry roasted so are infinitely healthier than crisps. Full of protein, low in fat, easy to make so whats not to love with this snack?
Smokey Roast Chilli Chickpeas Recipe
- Total time: 35m
- Yield: 5 servings
- Calories: 72 cal
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp Sea salt
How to make
- Drain and rinse the chick peas and lay out on a non stick tray. I use some grease-proof paper to save on washing up.
- Mix in the smoked paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper and sea salt directly on the tray.
- Put in an oven at 400°F / 200°C for about 30-35 mins.
- Remove from the oven when they are golden.
- If you want them crispy they will need closer to 35 mins, but you will need to keep an eye on them as they can go from very crispy burnt in a matter of minutes.
Smokey Roast Chilli Chickpeas Video Recipe
It hardly a recipe as all it takes is mixing the seasoning and putting in the oven, but so many people that have asked how to make Roast Chilli Chickpeas I thought it deserved a write-up. You don’t even need to use a bowl for mixing in the seasoning, just use the baking tray and save on the dirty dishes. It may take half an hour in total, but it only takes 1 min prep time as the oven is doing all the work.