These Snickers Ice Cream bars are dairy-free, gluten-free and free of refined sugar. They are a much healthier version of snickers that taste better with all the pure ingredients and will leave you feeling good. The bars may take a few hours to make, but most of this time is the freezer doing the work as the recipe is very simple. The high fat content of the coconut milk and the cashew nuts mixed with the aeration of blending them means that no churning is needed and they are soft like you would expect from an ice cream bar.
Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bars Recipe
- Total time: 3h 15m
- Yield: 6 Snickers Ice Cream Bars
- Calories: 360 cal
- 1 cup / 150g soaked Cashew nuts
- 1 cup / 240 ml Coconut milk (full fat)
- 6 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Almond / Peanut butter (chunky)
- 5.3oz / 150g Chocolate (your favourite type)
- 1 tbsp chopped Nuts (any such as almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts)
How to make
- Mix together 2 tbsp of maple with the nut butter and spread onto a pan that’s about 15cm². It’s best to use a flexible pan or a normal pan with a non stick sheet.
- If you are using tinned coconut milk shake it up and mix so all the coconut cream is evenly distributed.
- Add the cashews, coconut milk, 4 tbsp of maple and the vanilla to a high speed blender and whizz until all is combined. You may need to add a few tbsp of water to help the blender make it smooth.
- Pour the vanilla ice cream over the pan that has the nut butter spread out.
- Place this in the freezer for about 3 hours. remove when its frozen but still soft enough to slide a knife in.
- Tip it out of the pan and it should be soft enough to cut, but hard enough to work with.
- Cut in half, then cut each of these into three so you have 6 snickers ice cream bars.
- Chop up the chocolate and melt using bowl in another container with warm water (double boiler / bain-marie).
- Using a fork hold each bar over the melted chocolate and spoon on enough chocolate to cover.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and then place on non stick paper and return to the freezer for half an hour.
- They will be ready to eat or you can store in the freezer for a few months.
- Take out of the freezer for 20-30 mins before eating (if left there more than a few hours after coated in chocolate) to soften up.
Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bars Video RecipeI used almond butter, but peanut butter would work just as well for this recipe. I would recommend to use crunchy nut butter when making this. If you don’t have any nut butter you could just grind some nuts and stir in the sweetener. The cashews are soaked in order to make them easier to blend, an hours soaking in water is enough to soften them up.
It’s best line your tin with a non stick sheet or use a flexible silicon tray so that when it’s frozen it will pop out easily. It does get a tad messy cutting up the snickers ice cream bars from the block and coating with chocolate, but it is fun. If you would rather make less mess you can just pour on the chocolate topping once the ice cream is frozen then slice into bars and serve. If eating with your hands I recommend to put on a small tab of grease proof paper to use as a wrapper and avoid stickiness.
You can easily make this raw by using a raw nut butter and coating in 1/3 cacao powder, 1/3 coconut oil / cacao butter and 1/3 sweetener such as date syrup. I made this using an 84% dark chocolate as with all the other sweetness from the maple and cashews a bitter dark chocolate shell tastes great.
If you like this recipe check out our Salted Caramel Snickers Recipe.