Healthy alternative to snickers that are vegan, paleo and easy to make. They are refined sugar free and this homemade recipe has a sprinkle of salt for a salted caramel flavour. A clean candy bar recipe that can be made easy raw vegan.
A great recipe to make with children as it doesn’t involve anything hot and you need to use your fingers. Even the dipping in chocolate is easy and fun.
Salted Caramel Snickers Video Recipe
I’ve decorated the ones in the photos with a few chopped up pistachios but any chopped nut on top looks great and adds texture.
You can substitute the peanut butter for any other nut or seed butter. It works really well with almond butter or cashew nut butter. Crunchy nut butter works best to give the right texture.
Make this raw just by using a raw nut butter and a raw chocolate coating. For a raw chocolate coating mix together 1/3 cacao powder, with 1/3 fat (coconut or cacao) and 1/3 sweetener (like date or maple syrup.)
Make a nut-free version by replacing the nuts with either pumpkin or sunflower seeds or both. It will have a slightly earthier flavour but still tastes great.
Salted Caramel Snickers Recipe
- 1 cup / 150g Almonds,
- 1 cup / 150g Dates
- 4 tbsp Peanut butter, or any other nut butter
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4.4 oz / 125g Chocolate
- Nuts: pistachios / almonds / hazelnuts / any nut for decoration
How to make
- Blend together the almonds and dates until they are broken up and combined.
- Spread the mixture out in a dish using your fingers.
- Mix together the peanut butter, maple, sea salt and vanilla.
- Spread the nutty salted caramel on top of the almond and date base.
- Place in the freezer for half an hour to firm up.
- Remove from the freezer and chop into small bite size squares.
- Melt the chocolate and chop up the nuts for the topping.
- Hold each square with a fork over the bowl of chocolate and spoon over melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle on the nuts while the chocolate is still liquid then put on a wire rack in the fridge.
- Enjoy these salted caramel treats straight away or store in the fridge where they will stay good for a few weeks.