This dairy free cheesecake is impressive but yet easy to make. It’s suitable for raw vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free diets.
Loaded with vitamins and minerals from all the fruit, nuts and seeds.
It may be high in fat and sugar but these are all heart healthy unprocessed fats and the sugar comes from fruit and other unrefined sources.
A slice of this cake is a meal itself with no empty calories.
You can make this with any berries, cherries or similar fruit – strawberries, raspberries, blackberries all work really well.
I do however like this with blackcurrants as they give a tart sour taste that balances well with the sweet ingredients.
Fresh or frozen fruit both work well however, if you’re using frozen let them thaw for a few hours.
raw vegan cheesecake BASE
- 1 cup / 100g Dates
- 1 cup / 150g Almonds
- 3 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
cashew CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 2 cups / 300g Cashews
- 1 cup / 120g ground Buckwheat
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 6 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup / any sweetener you like
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup / 240ml Water, approx – use just enough to get smooth mixture
BLACKCURRANT CHIA TOPPING
- 2 cups / 200g Blackcurrants
- 1 cup / 100g Dates
- ½ cup / 120ml Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- a few tbsp Water, to help with blending
- Blend together all of the base ingredients in a food processor until they are combined and stick together.
- Spread out the base into your individual jars or one springform pan thats about 8″.
- Melt the coconut oil, grind your buckwheat and then blend with all the other filling ingredients until smooth. Add as little water as is needed to get a smooth filling, tablespoon at a time.
- Pour the filling over the base and spread to the edges.
- Blend together the blackcurrant topping ingredients until everything is broken up.
- Pour the topping over the cheesecake.
- Garnish with berries or mint leaves and place in the fridge for 2 or more hours to set.
- Store cashew cheesecake in the fridge and eat within a couple of days.
Amount Per ServingCalories 207 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 115mg Carbohydrates 17g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 8g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g
Sorry, there isn’t video recipe for this cheesecake as the method is identical for our strawberry vegan cheesecake. Just make in one medium sized springform pan to make it look like the photo.