Chocolate cranberry easy to make candy recipe that’s made from just 3 ingredients. This no-cook sweet takes minutes to make and is full of good stuff. Vegan, gluten-free and high in nutrition.
Use dried cranberries that are sweetened with fruit juice like apple or pineapple rather than refined sugar.
Ground almonds are blanched and skinned almonds in a flour. They make it possible to make these cranberry sweets in a not very powerful blender.
Blend the almond and cranberry mixture for a few seconds. About 15 seconds in a 600w blender.
Stop blending when the cranberry almond mixture is combined and all sticking together.
It should look like one big lump of red dough.
Melt the chocolate using a double boiler. Melt 3/4 then take off the heat and stir in the last 1/4 for easy chocolate tempering.
Now the fun starts! Roll the cranberry almond dough into bite sized balls.
Drop the cranberry balls into the melted dark chocolate and spoon over to coat.
Leave chocolate cranberry balls on a plate to set.
You don’t have to coat in chocolate but the mixture of chocolate and cranberry works very well together.
Cutting with a knife just to show the inside of the chocolate cranberry balls.
The final chocolate cranberry sweet!
- 3/4 cup / 90g Dried Cranberries (sweetened with fruit juice)
- 3/4 cup / 75g Ground Almonds / Almond flour
- 1.7 oz / 50g Dark 80%+ Chocolate
- Blend the ground almonds and dried cherries together in a small blender until they form a ball.
- Stop blending the moment the blender begins to stress.
- A 600w bullet type blender is enough to make this cranberry chocolate candy recipe.
- Melt the chocolate using a bain marine, melt 3/4 bring off the heat then stir in the remaining 1/4 for easy chocolate tempering.
- Roll the cranberry almond dough into about 12 bite sized balls.
- Dip the cranberry balls in the chocolate, spooning over to coat in a thick layer of dark chocolate.
- Place the chocolate cranberry candy down on a flat surface to set and enjoy within a couple of days.
- The chocolate cranberry candies will last for several weeks in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 137 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 1mg Sodium 35mg Carbohydrates 12g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 8g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 4g