The best things in life are simple and this instant strawberry cashew ice cream with just 4 ingredients is a perfect example. No churning or waiting is required, just a minute of blending and you will have frozen and thick ice cream. You need not tell anyone it’s raw vegan – they won’t notice and just think it’s a delicious strawberry ice cream. The trick to this quick recipe is to use frozen strawberries. You can buy these pre-frozen or freeze your own, but you will need to de-stem before freezing.
It’s reasonably firm but will melt quickly so either make and serve immediately or put straight into the freezer. It’s a lot more solid than the pictures and video show – it melted quickly in the 5 minutes while fiddling with the camera.
I do have an ice cream maker but since i discovered how quick and easy it is to make instant blended ice cream I haven’t used it.
Strawberry Cashew Ice Cream Recipe
- Total time: 10m
- Yield: 4 portions
- Calories: 180 cal
- Cashews, 1 handful
- Dates, ½ a handful
- Frozen strawberries, 1½ handfuls
- Vanilla, ½ a pod scraped / ½ tsp extract
How to make
- Place the cashews, dates and vanilla in a blender and cover with water.
- Whizz up until all is smooth.
- Add the frozen strawberries to the blender and then blend again until they are all broken.
- If you have a blender with a tamper you can use this to push the strawberries towards the blade.
- You may need to add more water if it isn’t mixing or more frozen strawberries if its too runny.
- It should be frozen enough that you can turn the blender upside down and none falls out.