Quick and easy chocolate caramel slice, AKA millionaire’s shortbread. It’s dairy and gluten-free with a fruit and nut base, a cashew caramel middle and chocolate topping. This no-bake bar can be made in about 10 minutes.
You can use any chocolate you like for the topping. I usually use a very dark 85% cocoa solids chocolate.
If you want to make your own raw chocolate topping mix together 1/3 cacao powder with 1/3 fat and 1/3 sweetener. You can use coconut oil or cacao butter for the fat. For the sweetener anything runny such as maple syrup, date syrup, coconut nectar or honey work well.
All of these sweeteners also work well for the caramel and each give a slightly different taste. Let me know how you get on in the comments.
Chocolate Caramel Slice Video Recipe
The figs in the base can be replaced by other dried fruit such as dates if you prefer. I like to use figs as the fig seeds when blended give a crispy texture that works well with the smooth caramel and sharp chocolate.
If you want to cut the chocolate caramel into clean sharp squares take it out of the fridge half an hour before cutting. As you can see from my photos I didn’t do this so most of the chocolate topping is roughly cracked, but that’s how I like it.
If you cut the chocolate caramel slice when the chocolate is hard from the fridge it will look like this. I like the smashed chocolate affect but if you don’t then cut at room temperature with a sharp knife to get clean and sharp edges.
To make nut-free you can replace the walnuts with pumpkin seeds and the cashews with sunflower seeds.
Pin this recipe for Healthy Chocolate Caramel Slice – no bake, no dairy, no gluten, no refined sugar, no junk.
East recipe that is raw vegan and full of nutrition. Full of plant protein and can be made very quickly. Best made with very dark chocolate with a high cacao content.
No cooking in this recipe – just blend the ingredients and pour on top. Can be made nut free for people with allergies – just replace the nuts with sunflower seeds or hemp seeds #vegan #paleo #veganrecipe #healthyrecipe #nobake
- Dried Figs, 150g / 1 cup
- Walnuts, 150g / 1½ cups
- Cashews, 150g / 1 cup
- Coconut butter / oil, 4 tbsp
- Maple syrup, date syrup or similar sweetener, 4 tbsp
- Vanilla, 1 tsp extract or the seeds from ½ a pod
- Chocolate, 100g / 3.5oz of your favourite. See intro for making a raw chocolate topping.
- Blend together the walnuts and figs until they are combined into a ball.
- Spread this out on a tray that’s about 10″ by 10″.
- Melt the coconut butter / oil.
- Add this melted coconut with all the other caramel ingredients to a blender and whizz until a smooth caramel is formed. If it becomes too thick to blend just add some hot water, 1 tbsp at a time until you can blend it smooth.
- Melt the chocolate, spread over the top and chill.
- Store chocolate caramel slices in the fridge and it will last for 3-4 days in theory, but mine is always eaten way before then.
Links maybe affiliated, meaning I earn a commission from purchases but at no extra cost to yourself.
Amount Per ServingCalories 172Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 0mgSodium 54mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 3g