This quick raw vegan chocolate spread takes just a minute to make and is delicious. You can either use cacao nibs or powder. I prefer to use the nibs as freshly grinding gives a better flavour. The chocolate spread is creamy and sweet thanks to the cashew nuts so could be a replacement for a milk chocolate spread. If you like darker chocolate reduce the cashew nuts and sweetener then up the cocoa.
To grind the cacao nibs and cashews either use a blender with a grinding blade or a coffee grinder. As its a rapid spread it won’t be smooth, but will have a chunky consistency. I’ve got a stone grinding machine and this creates a silky smooth spread – but 99% of the time I can’t spare hours of messy grinding. The beauty of this recipe is that it’s made in a minute. The chunky consistency is really nice.
Quick Raw Chocolate Spread Video Recipe
You can really use any sweetener you like, I tend to use either coconut palm sugar or maple syrup. For the fat you can use either coconut oil / cream or cocoa butter. I have tried with various other oils like olive and sesame and it still works but I would recommend coconut or cacao. You may want to try various different fats, just make sure you add enough to make the chocolate spreadable.
- Cacao nibs, 1 tbsp
- Cashews, 2 tbsp
- Coconut sugar, 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil / Coconut butter, 3 tbsp melted
- Melt the coconut cream or oil gently with a bain-marie or a bowl in warm water.
- Grind the cacao nibs and cashews until all broken up. Depending on your blender they may stick together in a ball and start to release their oils – this is the right consistency.
- Mix all together and it’s ready to eat.
- Will last for several weeks but keep at room temp to maintain the spreadability.
Amount Per Serving Calories 57Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 11mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 0g
Cacao is one of the highest sources of antioxidants.