What is better than a rainbow of fruity summer rolls dipped in salted caramel? These rolls are very easy to make and you can use any fruit that you have / is in season.
It’s best to add a rainbow of fruit (as its attractive and fruit of different colour usually has different vitamins) and fruit of different textures. Avocado is technically a fruit so belongs in these wraps and it is the one fruit that I recommend to always include.
As there is no lettuce they are a bit more slippery than vegetable summer rolls to roll up.
Fruity Summer Rolls with Salted Caramel Dip Video Recipe
If you have any trouble wrapping them just add a piece of lettuce or rice between the fruit and paper. They are still much easier to roll up than sushi.
These fruity rolls are tasty enough on their own but the cashew salted caramel dip adds extra creaminess and sweetness. If you don’t like salted caramel or are avoiding nuts a strawberry chia jam also tastes great.
- 10 Rice paper wraps
- 2 Avocados
- 1/8th Watermelon
- 3 Bananas
- 2 Kiwi fruits
- 2 Nectarines
- 20 Raspberries
- 20 Mint leaves
- 1 Mango
SALTED CARAMEL CASHEW DIP
- 1 cup / 150g cashews
- 1 cup / 100g dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt / pink salt
- Chop all fruit into thin strips, apart from small fruit like berries and the mint leaves.
- Submerge the rice paper in warm water for a few seconds, take out while it still has some shape as it will continue to soften once taken out of the water.
- Place rice paper flat on a flat surface and then add thin slices of fruit on 1/3 of the paper at an edge.
- Roll the rice paper up by folding over the filling, tucking in the sides then rolling to the edge. See the video for a demo.
- Add all of the salted caramel dip ingredients to a blender and add enough warm water to cover everything. Blend until smooth, you may need to add more water if the blender can’t break up everything / or if the dip is too stiff.
- Slice all of the rolls in the middle and enjoy by dipping in the sauce.
- They will last a few days in the fridge but are best eaten as soon as made
Amount Per ServingCalories 321 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 398mg Carbohydrates 49g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 9g Sugar 22g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 6g