These green pea cookies are a mixture of salty and sweet tastes. They are healthy, cheap and take very little work. If you are a fan of our salty treats like salted caramel avocado mousse or salted caramel snickers then you should give these a go.
We are always told to eat more green vegetables and what can be a more delicious way than in cookies! Use gluten-free oats to make these gluten-free.
Suitable for wheat free, dairy-free, vegan, oil-free and refined sugar-free diets.
They do sadly lose much of the vibrant green colour after baking.
Frozen peas work great for this, just leave them out of the freezer to defrost or in warm water. It would probably work fine with fresh peas but might take a few mins more to bake golden.
Green Pea Cookies Video Recipe
If you don’t have a food processor you can just blend the peas and bananas together in a liquidiser and stir in the oats and salt.
I use petit pois to make these as they are sweeter and softer than normal peas but it works fine with normal peas. You might want to experiment as different peas and oats will make different cookies.
If you want to give these cookies a green superfood boost then try adding spirulina, wheatgrass powder or any other green powder that you fancy. Just a small amount will not really affect the taste but will give them a nutritional boost.
This is a great recipe to use bananas that are really ripe and falling to pieces as they will be sweet and soft.
Green Pea Cookies Recipe
- 1½ cups / 225g Peas, frozen thawed
- 1½ cups / 150g ground or quick Oats
- 2 Bananas
- a pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180 °C.
- Blend everything together in food processor until broken up.
- Spoon mixture onto greaseproof paper and then.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden.
- Leave to cool and firm up for 10 mins then enjoy.
- Store in the fridge and eat within 3 days – in the unlikely event they aren’t eaten straight away.