This Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge has the taste of nutella but is made from pure natural ingredients. It’s vegan, refined sugar free and made from wholefoods. A healthy fudge full of raw fats that are great for overall health and plant protein from hazelnuts and cashews. The creaminess of the cashews help to give a milk chocolate taste to this dairy-free recipe. Also the cashews add sweetness and reduce the amount of a sweetener needed. It takes a few minutes to make this fudge then just pop in the fridge to set.
Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge Recipe
- Total time: 40m
- Yield: 16 fudge squares
- Calories: 55 cal
- 1 cup / 150g cashew nuts
- 1 cup / 150g hazelnuts + 1 tbsp chopped for decoration
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 tbsp maple syrup / date syrup / any sweetener
- ½ cup / 100ml coconut oil / creamed coconut melted
How to make
- Using a double boiler / bain-marie (pan with a container in for slow cooking) melt the coconut oil / creamed coconut.
- Grind the cashew nuts into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or blender with a small jug. They should just be starting to stick and release their oils.
- Grind the hazelnuts into a coarse powder, you can grind to fine powder but i prefer chunks of hazelnuts in the fudge.
- Mix together the ground nuts, cocoa powder, vanilla, melted coconut and sweetener. I usually use 4 tbsp of maple syrup, but you might like to add more if you want a sweeter fudge.
- Pour this mixture out into a square dish about 6″ squared. Spread out and smooth the top with a spatula. No need to grease as the fudge has enough natural fats.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of chopped hazelnuts and push these into the fudge.
- Place in the fridge for 30 mins to set.
- Remove from the fridge and run a knife around the outside. Then you should be able to pull the fudge out and put onto a flat surface.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy immediately. Stored in the fridge it should last for several weeks, but I wouldn’t know as mine is lucky to last a few days.
Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge Video Recipe
I use blocks of coconut cream in the fudge but from previous recipes I know this is unavailable or called something else in many countries. I use this as its the whole coconut with all the fibre turned into a solid block that can be melted into a liquid. In the UK it is called creamed coconut or coconut butter and sold as solid block coconut fat. You can buy a raw block of coconut butter. If you can’t get blocks of creamed coconut then coconut or cacao oil work well in place. Do not use the cream from the top of a can of coconut milk as it won’t set.
The nutella is just in the name as this is chocolate hazelnut fudge. It contains no nutella and instead is loaded with heart healthy fats and vitamins.
See more healthy fudge recipes.