These salted caramel snickers bars are easy to make, dairy free and delicious. This is a great recipe to make with children as it doesn’t involve anything hot and you need to use your fingers. Even the dipping in chocolate is easy and fun. I’ve decorated the ones in the photos with a few chopped up pistachios but any chopped nut on top looks great and adds texture. You can substitute the peanut butter for any other nut or seed butter.
Make this raw just by using a raw nut butter and a raw chocolate coating. For a raw chocolate coating mix together 1/3 cacao powder, with 1/3 fat (coconut or cacao) and 1/3 sweetener (like date or maple syrup.)
Salted Caramel Snickers Recipe
- Total time: 45m
- Yield: 24 squares
- Calories: 53 cal
- 1 cup / 150g Almonds,
- 1 cup / 150g Dates
- 4 tbsp Peanut butter, or any other nut butter
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4.4 oz / 125g Chocolate
- Nuts: pistachios / almonds / hazelnuts / any nut for decoration
How to make
- Blend together the almonds and dates until they are broken up and combined.
- Spread the mixture out in a dish using your fingers.
- Mix together the peanut butter, maple, sea salt and vanilla.
- Spread the nutty salted caramel on top of the almond and date base.
- Place in the freezer for half an hour to firm up.
- Remove from the freezer and chop into small bite size squares.
- Melt the chocolate and chop up the nuts for the topping.
- Hold each square with a fork over the bowl of chocolate and spoon over melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle on the nuts while the chocolate is still liquid then put on a wire rack in the fridge.
- Enjoy these salted caramel treats straight away or store in the fridge where they will stay good for a few weeks.
Salted Caramel Snickers Video Recipe