These easy to make raw carrot cake truffles are vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and most importantly delicious. Be sure to use gluten free oats if you don’t eat gluten. They are no bake and suitable for a raw food diet, maple syrup is heated but contains nutrients so is generally accepted as suitable for raw foodists. Full of healthy fats, fibre and protein – you can have your cake and eat it with this!
Carrot Cake Truffles with Vanilla Bean Icing Recipe
- 2 cups / 100g grated Carrot
- 1 cup / 150g Walnuts
- 1 cup / 100g Dates
- 3 tbsp Oats (use gluten free if your avoiding gluten)
- 2 tbsp shredded Coconut
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup / 150g Cashews
- ½ cup / 120 ml Coconut butter or oil
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Lime juiced
How to make
- Put all of the base ingredients into a food processor and pulse blend until they are all combined.
- The mixture should be firm, if it’s not add some more oats.
- Either roll into balls for truffles and place on non stick sheets or push into a cake pan for one big carrot cake. Place in the freezer to chill while you make the icing.
- Melt the coconut cream as its solid at a room temperature. I melt it by placing in a bowl within a bowl of hot water.
- Place all of the icing ingredients into a blender with a few tablespoons of water. Blend until you get a smooth creamy icing.
- Hold the truffles on a fork over the icing and spoon on the cashew vanilla bean icing. Then sprinkle with cinnamon and put on a non stick sheet.
- For the cake just pour the icing on top and spread it out. Sprinkle with cinnamon / grated carrots / chopped nuts to garnish,
- Once the truffles / cake is made chill in the fridge for half an hour and they are ready to eat.
- They will last several days stored in the fridge.
Carrot Cake Truffles with Vanilla Bean Icing Video Recipe
If you would rather have a carrot cake than truffles just press the base ingredient into a pan and top with the icing. It’s slightly quicker to make it as a cake. If you don’t have coconut cream you can replace with coconut oil but the icing will not be as firm. The chia seeds can be replaced with either flax seeds or more oats, they help set the cake / truffles.
If you like this recipe check out our Tropical Lemon Cake.